Sailing Instructions (SI’s) for the SWYC Laser and Pelican 2022 summer racing series follow. These will be updated for the 2023 series as those plans are announced in the spring.
Note changes from last season are in red. There are additional, not-color coded changes for Pelicans as they have not had a series for several years. Another consideration this year is to reduce Race Committee (R/C) equipment requirements and workload.
Things to note include the following:
– Course numbers may or may not be displayed on the R/C boat. If not, verbal instructions may be given or competitors can agree on the courses from boat to boat while sailing in the starting area.
– The 3 minute dinghy starting sequence will be used for all races. This will be done with sound signals only, no flags.
– There is a new course designated “Double Zero”. It requires only a Start/Finish line and a Windward Mark.
The course proceeds as follows:
- Start and leave Windward Mark to port.
- Return to the Start/Finish line which is to be treated as a Gate.
- Cross the Start/Finish line, round either end and head back to the Windward Mark.
- Round the Windward Mark to port again and finish down wind.
- Be alert for a possible shortened course finish at the end of leg two if the wind dies.
**Note there are 2 pages to this document. To view page 2 scroll down to the very bottom of the first page with your cursor. Hover over the bottom of the page. You will see an “up” and a “down” arrow. Click on the down arrow to see page 2.2022 SWYC Sailing Instructions