Sailing Instructions (SI’s) for the SWYC Laser and Pelican 2022 summer racing series follow.
Note changes from last season are in red. There are additional, not-color coded changes for Pelicans as they have not had a series for several years. Another consideration this year is to reduce Race Committee (R/C) equipment requirements and workload.
Things to note include the following:
– Course numbers may or may not be displayed on the R/C boat. If not, verbal instructions may be given or competitors can agree on the courses from boat to boat while sailing in the starting area.
– The 3 minute dinghy starting sequence will be used for all races. This will be done with sound signals only, no flags.
– There is a new course designated “Double Zero”. It requires only a Start/Finish line and a Windward Mark.
The course proceeds as follows:
- Start and leave Windward Mark to port.
- Return to the Start/Finish line which is to be treated as a Gate.
- Cross the Start/Finish line, round either end and head back to the Windward Mark.
- Round the Windward Mark to port again and finish down wind.
- Be alert for a possible shortened course finish at the end of leg two if the wind dies.
**Note there are 2 pages to this document. To view page 2 scroll down to the very bottom of the first page with your cursor. Hover over the bottom of the page. You will see an “up” and a “down” arrow. Click on the down arrow to see page 2.2022 SWYC Sailing Instructions