The South Whidbey Yacht Club hosts several social and water events throughout the year. Typically these are:
- Opening Day in May where we celebrate the Opening Day of the Boating Season. Opportunities for the summer season are highlighted along with a tasty shared potluck meal.
- The Gotta Regatta, also in May, which is a fun, family-oriented hands on experience for club members to come play on the water in whatever small craft they might own or want to play on (dinghy sailboats, paddle boards, kayaks, paddle boats, canoes or whatever else might be in the garage) This is usually held at Lone Lake.
- Crab Fest held in July where SWYC hosts a crab-filled picnic for members and guests. And the fun starts ten days prior with members catching LOTS of crabs together for the event and cooking them.
- August Social in August. Members gather for a relaxing evening together for a meal, beverages and relaxing with friends while sharing stories from their summer water activities.
- Commodore’s Ball in November. This event is the one SWYC fancier event. Club officers and awards are announced at an evening that includes a delicious dinner followed by dancing.
- Holiday Party in December. Celebrate the holidays with fellow club members. A potluck dinner followed by entertainment and holiday jollies and giggles. SWYC also spotlights one of South Whidbey’s not-for-profit organizations at this event.
These events will be posted on the SWYC Event Calendar as dates and details are finalized.